(via The New York Times)
- I think now would be a good time to reflect on the irony of House Republicans pushing for something called Plan B.
Even more ironic that they couldn’t get it up to vote for it.
Sarah Palin says the POTUS is “shucking and jiving”
Republican vice presidential candidate PAUL RYAN, refusing to tell Fox “News” host Chris Wallace exactly how Mitt Romney’s tax plan will work.
Wow. If you can’t even explain the whys and wherefores of your propaganda to your propaganda machine, then your campaign’s got problems.
I really think the Obama campaign can stop spending money now. Save it for a big party to celebrate the win.
As someone raised by a single mother, I’d like to tell Rick Santorum to fuck off.
My non-traditional family made me a better person than you’ll ever be.
Republicans have ushered in The New Irrationality.
- The state of Texas can cut off funding for Planned Parenthood, pending a court case to decide whether state funds can be used to pay for abortions; Planned Parenthood in Texas currently does NOT provide abortions, but DOES provide other health services to low-income women and others.
- A Republican Senate candidate — who is currently a Congressman — uses the word “legitimate” to describe rape and says that the body possesses a biological capacity for preventing pregnancies resulting from rape, while yet another GOP representative essentially claims that pregnancies never result from rape or incest. Moreover, the Republican Party is (apparently) less disturbed by Todd Akin’s rape comment and more that they’re going to lose the majority in the Senate.
- The GOP is taking unprecedented steps to suppress voters — in most if not all cases, among constituents likely to vote Democratic — under the guise of combating the non-existent plague of voter fraud.
- The Republican Party’s presidential candidate won’t release tax returns that will likely prove that he has tens if not hundreds of millions in assets that he’s hiding in off-shore bank accounts — despite his own father setting a precedent that’s been followed by every presidential candidate since.
So let me get this straight: Republicans, you’re annoyed by the arrogance and braggadoccio of a wartime President’s political ad. You think he’s divisively and unfairly belittling his opponents — I see. I have a question: ARE YOU ON CRACK? We’re you alive, lo, these past ten years? (Quoting Republican operatives.) ‘It seems unseemly to spike the football.’ (George W.) Bush landed on a fucking aircraft carrier with a football-sized codpiece — he spiked the football before the game even started!!!
Yes — your Republican caterwauling and outrage is the subject of our segment ‘You Are Aware That The Frontal Lobe Of The Cerebral Cortex Gives Us The Ability To Store And Recall Past Events As They Occurred, Right?’—
JON STEWART, responding to Republican critics who say President Obama was “spiking the football” by mentioning the killing of Osama bin Laden in a campaign ad, on The Daily Show.